Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Year in Review

As I start this new adventure of blogging my running journey, I had quite a year in 2009 for running.  I ran over 1,730 miles, by far the greatest number of miles run in one year than any other years running.  I started running in 2005 in earnest for a marathon.  In 2009 I completed the the Baystate Marathon and marked my 5th marathon with a PR of 3:26.  I attribute this to "training" as opposed to running and working with a coach who challenged me to workouts that I would not have completed if  I was preparing for the 26.2 run by myself -- speed workouts, marathon pace workouts, and extending my weekly totals from 30-35 miles per week to 50-60 miles per week surely helped.  I knocked off 27 minutes from my personal best @ this year's Baystate Marathon, despite some nasty conditions in mid-October.

Beyond my marathon PR, I set a PR in a local 10k (Beach to Beacon) of 43:25 while completing other 10ks and the CHaD Half Marathon in New Hampshire/Vermont.  I am especially proud of being steadfast to my training plans and getting back on the road and grateful for my family to allow me this time.

Listed below are my annual running miles

2009 - Total Miles - 1,730.5
2008 - Total Miles - 208.4
2007 - Total Miles - 438.2

I'm still preparing my race plans for 2010!

Savor the journey to the finish line!

Brendan
@ mainerunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment